I’ve been looking forward to writing this blog post today, taking pictures and drafting ideas in my head.  Then over dinner there was the sound of running water, just a little and I couldn’t place where, so didn’t worry about it…. until the trickle became a rush and water was pouring out of the under-sink cupboard!  It turned out to be the u-bend, so I threw some towels at the spill and otherwise ignored it until I got the children into bed.

Anyway, I’ve managed to fix it!  It appears that the adjustable u-bend (that was put in a couple of months ago) adjusted itself to its lowest position and then slowly failed.  I had to take the u-bend off completely (it was fortunately very clean as I cleaned it last night), fish washers out and then work out how it all was supposed to go back together.

I’ve got it back together.  It doesn’t appear to be leaking!  There’s a part left over (I’ve no idea where it went but it didn’t seem to help wherever I put it)!

I’ll write the planned post in a few minutes, when I’ve recovered with some chocolate and a mug of tea! Mug