Oh my, it’s October. Summer seems to have gone in a blink. But this is because it’s been very busy. There’s been:
- Open Studios
- Tour de Fleece (I didn’t quite manage to spin every day)
- Impromptu Home Schooling (for just 10 days when our relationship with my son’s school hit a brick wall)
- Coach trips to the beach
- Lots of walks
- A weighted warp loom on display in a Viking exhibition
- Knitting art yarn on trains
- Spinning at Cambridge Rock Festival (where I discovered the music of Doris Brendel)
- Panicked buying of school uniform. Almost every item for my oldest has to have the school name and logo, even the socks for PE (which was the only item I was confident on the sizing for)!
- New schools for both children
- And sunsets!
Now suddenly it’s October! The nights are longer than the days and I have to admit it’s no longer summer. We’re nearly 4 weeks into term and we’ve just had a lovely weekend (though there does seem to be rather a lot of homework). We visited the lovely Anglesey Abbey today to see their Dahlia Festival. It was muddy underfoot but a kaleidoscope of colour as always.
How’s your summer been?