Merry Christmas everyone!
Christmas and the winding up of 2016 seems a good time to have a review of the year. It’s been a full year of change for me and this has perhaps been reflected in the sparsity of my posts over the year:
- February brought the finalisation of my divorce.
- In May I put my house up for sale.
- In July I took part in Open Studios for the first time. It was a wonderful experience, and one I hope can be repeated this year (I will let you know details later in the year). At one point I found myself Navaho plying a yarn, while adding a fourth thread with beads on, all while being watched by visitors. It would have been a tricky thing to do normally, but with an audience it was even more hair-raising! (Not the relaxing activity that spinning is often perceived to be.)
- October brought a few days with my son in hospital while he had an appendectomy! Thankfully we weren’t scheduled to move that weekend, but it was a close thing! Even more thankfully my son’s operation was successful and without complication (with nothing to worry about at the follow-up appointment a couple of weeks ago).
- In November we finally moved.
I’m looking forward to 2017. I have the feeling of spreading my wings and being ready to soar!
Merry Christmas to you all and may you have a Joyful and Inspiring New Year.